Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Gloomy few weeks...


Loves of my life, a photo by Mervin Chiang on Flickr.
WARNING: Philosophical and spiritually religious post ahead...

It's very sobering how God works and have reminded us as a family to cherish and be contented with what we have and never to take for granted the gift of life and the many little blessings we have.

I will be shooting at my very first funeral event tomorrow here in Brisbane. And never in a million years would I have imagined that the first funeral I attend here in Brisbane would be that of a 3 day old baby. Ben and Faith have grown really close to us as friends and Kat and I hold them very dear to our hearts. Our hearts and prayers go out to them as they work as a family to go through these trialling times.

A few days after the news we heard another sad news regarding cancer of someone Kat knows.

It's a reminder that our current life on earth is temporal and that we need to invest in the eternal and look to God for our salvation. Today's feature photo reminds me to be contented and happy to have my family and to cherish life with them. And to make sure I lead them towards the Cross... As much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment