Tuesday, June 1, 2010

David & Anne Night Shoot Setup notes

I wasn't intending to post this. But since Desmond asked me how I did it, and I wrote it up in the facebook comments. I decided to post this to keep a record...

Photographer's comments:
Because the sun has gone down way below the horizon and there is no more light, this shot was tricky.

1. I had to use wireless flashgun placed to the right of the frame with a diffuser and a poker card attachment to bounce light.
2. My flash stand was a cheapo one, so it was placed only at same height as subject. Should have been higher.
3. Mounted camera on my better tripod (the monfrotto)
4. Camera set to remote trigger (from memory) build in flash was -1 stop. Flashgun was +1 stop.
5. Camera setting was then finally set after metered reading at AV mode, to f/4.0, 0.3s shutter, ISO 3200 at 31mm focal length.
6. I fired many shots. Mainly because I wasn't the exclusive photographer there and it was hard to get attention. The tricky part is to get them both to stay still and open their eyes... Naturally! :P

Finally note on location: It's not the best. Would have liked to loose the fences...

No comments:

Post a Comment