Thursday, February 17, 2011

First Studio Shoot Family Fun

The studio kit is finally set up! I wasn't going to test anything or take any photos, but Mikaela started bringing her chairs and toys in front of the backdrop and wanted to take photos!! I wasn't going to let the chance go, so I quickly set the 2 soft boxes to the right height and turned them on. Picked up the camera and away I went...

Lessons learnt?

- For some reason it is still not enough light. I had to drop down to ISO 800, 1/60 speed on f/4 aperture.
- Above setting is no where fast enough for kids...
- Is it because of the "cheapo" gear I got? Hmmm...
- Creases as still visible on the backdrop (lightroom's gradient filter is my friend...)
- I don't really have a good place in my house for a studio. Would have loved a bigger room with a nice big window for day time's natural light... My reading room is too small :(

Anyway, I think we had fun. A good 30-40mins with the family. One 7D and 2 iPhones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment