Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Vintage Camera Gifts


Vintage Cameras, originally uploaded by Mervin Chiang.

My parents came back today from their trip back to Singapore and brought gifts!

On the left is an ultra vintage Shanghai 203! Thank you uncle Peter!! Bit of history... Prior to 1964 they called it Shanghai 203 after that they renamed it to Seagull 203. They are essentially the same camera. A medium format rangefinder. It's lucky that I got some training in the Holgas to handle these fiddly films again :D I'm so excited!!

On the right is a modern replica German camera Minox DCC 5.1. Honestly its not so good as a camera but it does play on my "collector's syndrome". They sell cute miniature attachments and replica mounted flash etc... Thank you dad! I can see more money there spent! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment