Friday, April 8, 2011

Working on a Photo Book


Photo Book Page 11, originally uploaded by Mervin Chiang.

I'm back! God has been quite good to sustain me through some trialling times this week. Had too much on and I basically had a minor blow out in my head. Anyway, I'm slowly getting back into things and pacing myself.

First up, a photo book. I've been meaning to do this as a profile coffee table book to be placed at a few places where there are waiting areas so someone can pick it up and see some nice photos. This is an excerpt from page 11 on the photo book. Yes, this is my grandmother in case you were wondering :)

Also, if the text cannot be read, here is what it says:

Why Brokenvase Photos?

“It was an online nickname I chose for myself a long time back when I was a teenager. I believe that we're all broken and like a vase, even after we're mended back together, the lines will show. And these lines are what makes up one's character. In other words, no two vases when broken, will be mended back together having exactly the same lines!

How is this relevant to taking photos? I feel that I am always learning. Sometimes, even broken repeatedly. Each time I mend the vase back, I try to see what I can learn from these lines. So now I am going to marry my love for lifelong learning and taking photos into one. This means trying to capture for people and myself our memory lines along the vase - one photo at a time, one event at a time...

... Learning life through lenses”

No comments:

Post a Comment