Sunday, March 27, 2011

Taking Stock of Life


Taking Stock of Life, originally uploaded by Mervin Chiang.

This one's a personal blog. I've been reading and following a few photographers. Usually we keep business and personal stuff separate. But it seems that occasionally, I feel it is important to blog about something personal as well. It keeps me real and genuine I think.

Anyway, recently at my day job, I've been having a few conversations about work, life and play. It seems that recently for me they are all kind of blended together! And there seems to be too much of all of them!! As I was telling Kat, "it's not that I don't like it or don't find these things fun. It's just that at the moment there are just too MANY fun things at the same time!!"

1. Work to me is always interesting and fun. But we are going through big changes and big challenges.
2. I started Brokenvase Photos. And in some ways my "marketing plan" is working, and/but its keeping my busy...
3. Kat is feeling quite tired recently and we have a 2.5 year old to look after.
4. Our recently purchased house although fun, has a BIG yard!! Too much grass :(
5. I made a personal commitment to God this year to put more time in His ministry.
6. Oh! and I forgot to mention and nearly forgot myself... I am doing my Professional Doctorate at QUT as well!

Yes, I am young, but I am feeling that all these things are a little too much. It's like a little Kid having free reign on candy and am feeling the after effects of having too much with a tummy ache...

Overcommitted? Being to driven, and getting too successful on the goals too fast are also sometimes not a good thing. All through life I feel like I'm always "moving on the fast lane". Wonder when I'll get to slow down...

No comments:

Post a Comment