Friday, March 4, 2011

Getting ready for my first shoot

As part of my roadmap to skill up and gradually get better as a professional photographer, a few weeks back I committed to 7 free sessions to shoot family photos and babies. A few of our friends were kind enough to put their hand up to be my first *a-hem guinea pigs a-hem* customers. :)

After a few practice runs at home and much research. The day has finally arrived tomorrow where I'll be shooting my first session with the Woolfs - Peter and Janice's family. So how do I feel about it?

Excited - as it will my first and I think it will be fun
Nervous - at the same time as it is the first and hope that it will be fun
Happy - that I am able to pursue a passion
Sad - that as I did my research I found that many are doing the same (a.k.a. competitive, not unique)
Disappointed - that I haven't had time to practice more
Tired - as I had 3 big weeks at work

I posted a few photos on the forums for feedback and basically most weren't good. Some notes-to-selves...
- Don't use too much light on both sides. Some shadow is good.
- Be careful of posture and poses.
- Pay more attention to details. E.g. stray hair, etc...
- Try not to take frontal shots - not flattering
- Sharpness in this case is quite important

Let's hope I don't stress myself out and have some fun along the way. Oh and I will be doing lunch as well! :P Come for a shoot and get lunch on the house... LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment