Sunday, March 20, 2011

My First Family Portrait Customer

I can't believe it's more than 2 weeks since Peter and Janice came to our place to take their family photos. Lot's of research, trial and testing to prepare myself for the shoot. Lot's of lightroom and photoshop time to get the shots perfect for delivery. It's quite an involved process!

When it comes to satisfaction as a photographer, nothing can compare to the feeling I got when Janice commented on all the photos showing how happy she was with the photos.

I will forever be grateful to them for supporting Brokenvase Photos as I start out. Peter and Janice were really good sport. Despite a long and hard night with Tom the night before, they came with high spirits. Really fun to catch up with them and we had lots of fun trying to think of what will be a good shot to take. We struggled with Tom's constant frowning as he slept. All in all a very good and valuable experience for me.

Few notes to self:
- Need to really work on the backdrop. Had to do a lot to the background post processing time.
- Must remember to fire off more drive shots to get the sharp and right moments.
- Need a wider repertoire of poses and things to do. I ran out quite quickly. Thanks to Janice and Kat we were able to do a few more things.
- A series of themed shots are great to tell a story when composed into a sequence.

My next challenge: a large family of 9 adults and 3 kids!

*grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment