Thursday, August 1, 2013

Yup! That's me...

Yup! That's me... by Mervin Chiang
Yup! That's me..., a photo by Mervin Chiang on Flickr.

Every few years I have a new surge of resolve, a new passion, a new direction, a new meaning in life. And each time, hopefully, I mature and have grown more in wisdom than the last... What I mean is... I want to start blogging again..

My last stint was on photography. That still exists.. My current on-the-simmer passion is coffee. However, my latest craze I want to focus on and hopefully with as much zeal and passion as my other previous crazy passions and also to keep it as my ONLY focus is... GOD!

Yup the gospel is what I want to sink my teeth and whole being in next. Not to say that I haven't been doing that before. Don't get me wrong, I'm not recently born again as a Christian. I've been in, near and around Christianity almost all my life. But when God starts showing you things and starts revealing His magnificence to you time and time again without fail and with that much consistency. You'll stop, look back, then look at yourself and then look forward and go... "Woah..."

A good friend I recently caught up with after having lost contact for almost 20 years said something that struck me. I started telling him enthusiastically about what has happened in 20 years. I wasn't sure how much he believed in God, I kinda didn't care. I wanted to just tell him how my life journey was and how God had so many things to do with my life events and how I became this person I am now... he listened and he wowed and he ahhed and he oooed... Eventually he said, "You should write this down! It's a great testimony. A memoir of some sort... " This statement stuck with me for all this time. And the months after that meeting lead to many fast and almost God-zapping sequence of events that lead me to... well.. this post... The start of "writing things down"...

You see, like Neo in the Matrix, I sometimes like to and can almost see life in those green characters running down everything like in the movie. I like to somehow reach out touch and appreciate the beauty of how awesome God's sovereign guidance is. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING happens in accordance to His design. We can't see it until it happens. Narrating my life for 20 years in a 1 hour sitting certainly exposed God's guidance in all its glory when I was with Justin. It's there when you choose to see it. It won't be if we don't or won't...

This was the verse I scribbled down to look up on and to memorise..."And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." - Rom 8:28

Get ready for a series of my life :) (if I get the discipline to keep blogging...)

No comments:

Post a Comment